Friday, July 3, 2015

Creamy Chicken Chili Taco's

I can't really say this is a pregnancy craving since Im always craving Mexican food. I swear I could eat it 3x a day, everyday. Salsa, guacamole, tacos, enchiladas, nachos...ugh, I love it all!! 

This past weekend I hit the jackpot at a local thrift store. I found 4 clay baking dishes for $1.99!! I was probably a little more excited then necessary, but my mind was already thinking of all the things I could make & serve in these little bad boys before I even got to the register!! The first thing I wanted to make was oven bakes taco's!!!!!


What You Will Need: Boneless skinless Chicken Breast (to save a step, I have already heavily seasoned the chicken with chili powder & cumin and seared till cooked through). Sautéed red onion, 1 can of green chilies, fresh cilantro, chili powder, cumin, tortilla shells, cream cheese & shredded cheese of your choice.


Preheat your oven to 350.

Shred your chicken breast, then chop and add the red onions, cilantro & green chilies. Then mix in the cream cheese. Add just a spoonful at a time, you want a good combination of chicken & cheese. When you have your desired consistency, taste & adjust for seasonings. Add salt/pepper & any extra chili powder or cumin.


Place a big spoonful of the chicken mixture onto your tortilla shell, roll up and set into your baking dish. If you don't have individual dishes, place them all in a large baking pan.


Top with the shredded cheese & place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. You want to give enough time for the filling to heat through and the cheese to completely melt on top!


When you are ready to serve, choose whatever toppings you like. Salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, shredded lettuce, guacamole, etc. I had made some corn salsa the day before & it was the perfect topping for these taco's. I also served them with a side of Mexican rice & refried beans.


This dish is definitely a fiesta for the taste buds!!!

----------------------------

Enjoy & Always Cook with Love!!




No comments:

Post a Comment