Friday, August 14, 2015

PIZZA ROLLS!

My husband, like a lot of guys out there love pizza rolls. You know, the ones you get out of the frozen food isle, place on a foil lined baking sheet and hope that you heat them just right so all the filling doesn't blow out the sides.

My husband also loves egg rolls, so with some extra wonton wrappers I thought that I would take a stab at combining his two loves into one. 

Lets just say right now, it was a huge success!! 

Now the beauty of these, is that you can fill them with whatever you like! Pick your favorite pizza toppings or do multiple flavors! I went the supreme route this time, but I know Ill be making these again for my nieces & nephews who would love the classic cheese & pepperoni!! 

What You Will Need: Wonton wrappers, cheese, bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, bacon, olives (green or black) & tomato sauce. 

I cooked these in my little deep fryer, but I have done oven baked egg rolls before so if that is the way you would like to go, just preheat your oven to the temperature on the wonton wrapper.


In a bowl, you just need to start giving a small dice to all your ingredients. Pepperoni & onions.


Bell pepper & Bacon.


Black olives and Banana peppers, which were a last minute throw in once I spotted them in my fridge.


Add in a couple spoonfuls of the tomato sauce & season with salt and pepper. Now a couple big handful of cheese. Mix well.


Lay out your wonton wrapper, and dip your finger into some water. Get the four sides of the wrapper damp, this helps seal and hold the roll together.


Have one of the wrapper corners pointing at you, and place a couple spoonfuls of the pizza filling in the center. Bring up the corner and wrap it around the filling.


Tuck in your sides and then roll it on forward nice and tight. 


Continue to wrap and roll the rest. I lined them on a piece of wax paper that I sprayed with a light coat of non stick spray.


Once your fryer is hot, drop them in. I was able to fit 3 at a time & I placed the basket over top of them so they wouldn't float up and only cook on one side. 


Once they were golden brown I laid them onto a plate lined with some paper towel to drain off the extra oil. Then they got a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese and some chopped flat leaf parsley. 


Crispy on the outside, hot and savory on the inside!!
 I made a salad to have with these as a healthy side option but all that did was waste tummy room for more of these awesome rolls!!


After my husbands first bite, he told me that I have now forever ruined his beloved frozen pizza rolls & he will no longer be able to enjoy them the same again. 

I tell you what, Im not upset about that at all!! 

-------------------------

Enjoy & Always Cook with LOVE!






No comments:

Post a Comment