Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Chicken-Pepper Pasta

This dish will forever remind me of my father.
Growing up, there were a few dishes that he always made. Chili, Beans & Franks, the BEST Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Chicken-Pepper Pasta.

What You Will Need: Chicken (cooked & sliced), bell peppers, onions, pasta, garlic (roasted or raw), butter, chicken broth & parmesan cheese.


In a large, high sided skillet, melt some butter and sauté your peppers/onions.


Get your pasta cooking.


Add in the sliced pieces of chicken, salt/pepper,


Garlic goes in next. If you use roasted garlic, mash it against the back of your knife to make a paste, then add it in.


Give a splash of chicken broth.


Then throw in a couple pats of butter.


Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


When your pasta is cooked to al dente, add it to the chicken/pepper mixture.


Serve up in a big bowl, garnish with more parmesan cheese & some parsley. Add some crusty pieces of baguette along side! 


I loved this dish as a kid & I love it as an adult! It doesn't have any expensive, elaborate ingredients or take hours to prep & make. I love this pasta for its simple flavors & for the memory I get each time I take a bite! 


Food is so powerful for your memory. The smells, sounds & taste can make you travel back in time! 

Enjoy & Always Cook with Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment