Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review: Traffic Jam & Snug

On an episode of Diners, Drive-In & Dives, they went to a place in downtown Detroit called Traffic Jam & Snug. Ever since then, we wanted to check this place out. 

Almost two year's later, we finally made it!

We got there around 1pm & we pretty much had the huge place to ourselves. 

We were seated across from a large burning fire place & took in the size of the restaurant, which was huge! Both of us almost got lost trying to find the bathrooms. 


My husband ordered the sandwich that Guy loved. 
House brewed dopplebock braised beef brisket panini. The meat was flavorful, super tender and the barbecue sauce was not overpowering in any smokey flavors which is what we usually find in barbecue around us. Caramelized onions and the white cheddar/sun dried tomato foccacia bread made this one heck of a man loving sandwich! 

Seared with house made potato salad that was creamy with nice crunch from the peppers & celery. A good compliment to the beefy sandwich. 


Blazing Redfish Sandwich called out to me with lettuce, tomato and a jalapeƱo mayo. 

I pressed the buns together and as I was taking my first bite I was immediately struck with a foul smelling sent. I took a bite and even before I said a word, my husband said "it can't be good from the look on your face."

The sandwich tasted more like dirty tank water and I asked another server to find our waiter. The manager came over and asked what was wrong. I explained that the fish had gone bad.


He asked if I would like something else and I said I would like to try the Chicken & Basil Eggroll appetizer. While we waited, my husband shared his sandwich with me.

We received our egg rolls and I cut them all in half to allow them to cool. My husband took the first bite. When asked how they were he responded with "they are frozen inside".

Sure enough, I touched each egg roll and they were ice cold in the middle. 

When our server came by, I explained that the egg rolls were not fully cooked and we would just like our bill.

Overall, I was not very impressed, especially after our waiter said, "Come back again, your experience will be better next time."



No comments:

Post a Comment