Tuesday, January 5, 2016

5 Onion Burger

I was very excited to tell my husband the other night that I thought of a new recipe to try. He is a big fan of burgers so I told him about my idea for 'Dueling Onion' Burgers. Caramelized onions meets crispy fried onions of a big fat patty!! Don't forget the cheese!!!!!

While at the grocery store, trying to pick out the best buns, he spotted Onion Buns, which he had to have! So now it was a Trio of Onion Burger.

On the way home, I decided that I would add diced raw onions & sliced green onions to the meat mixture, just incase the other usage of onions weren't enough!

And there you have it...the birth of the 5 Onion Burger!

------------------------

What You Will Need: Ground beef, ground pork, green onions, red onion, fried onions, cheese & onion buns.

**Preheat your broiler to high

The day before, I combined the ground beef with the pork. Into the meat mixture went diced raw red onions & sliced green onions, salt/pepper. It was covered and placed in the fridge overnight. If you don't have time to do overnight, try for at least 30 minutes.


In a saute pan, heat your olive oil and add in the sliced onions. Salt/pepper. 

Keep it at a medium/low heat and stir occasionally.


After about 15 minutes, the onions should start looking deep brown & delicious! Turn to low and continue to cook.


Form your burger patties. I would suggest going big to give them surface area to pile on all the goodies!!


Heat an oven safe pan and sear the meat.


Cook the burgers to your desired doneness and top each one with plenty of the sweet caramelized onions.


Top with a good amount of your cheese and place under the broiler. 


Mmmmm....


Place on the toasted onion bun, top with a handful of the fried onions & any other burger additions you like..lettuce, tomato, mayo...etc.


Before I took a bite, I was worried that all the onion would be overpowering but there was no need to fret! 

This burger is going to be loved by all onion fans!! Each use of the onion was its own tasty treat to this dish!! 

------------------

Enjoy & Always Cook with Onions...& Love!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment