Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Creamed Corn

A couple years ago I stopped using canned vegetables completely.

Now, if I can't get it fresh, I'll settle for frozen.

About two years ago, I had the urge to make creamed corn for a side dish but I had never had it other then in a can.

So I came up with this recipe & I'm never going back!

What You Will Need: Corn (fresh or frozen), onion, garlic, flour, parmesan cheese, milk or cream, bacon, salt & pepper.


Like so many of my recipes...start by crisping up your bacon. Set aside.


Drain off majority of the fat. Return to the heat and add in the diced onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.


Add in diced garlic, cook for another 1-2 minutes.


Add in the bag of frozen sweet corn or 5-6 shaved fresh ears of corn.


Mix & sauté for 3 minutes.


Add in about 2 spoonfuls of flour.


Stir, making sure your cooking all the raw flour.


Add in your milk or cream.


If desired, add in chopped green onions.
Bring to a bubble & adjust to desired thickness.


To finish, add in about a 1/4c. parmesan cheese.


Serve as a side dish or....


Use it as a bed for homemade Gnocchi with the crispy bacon to top it all off!


This recipe can be used in rice, pasta, roast/oven baked chicken, steak or seared scallops!

The possibilities are endless & scrumptious...if I do say so myself!!!

---------------------

Enjoy & Always Cook with Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment