Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Birthday Cake; Part 2

I sometimes wish that I enjoyed baking more. I feel bad for my Kitchen Aid that only gets pulled out of the pantry a couple times a year. 

I see plenty of sweet treats that I would love to try, but the thought of measuring, baking, cooling....its just a turn off for me. 

But, I do really love making cakes for my family.

When I first started making cakes, I really tried to make every part eatable, but now I get creative & use all different materials to create a fun product.

This is my nephew Alan's 1st birthday cake.

Some kitchen twine, two skewers & paper help bring this cake to life! 
I did a chocolate cake & dropped small dollops of peanut butter throughout the batter before I baked it for an extra tasty surprise. 


My other nephew Avin turned 3 this year and is a huge fan of monkeys so of course I had to make him a monkey cake!




That smile means everything!



Moist, delicious banana cake with cream cheese frosting! My sister, who is a very harsh critic of my food, loved this cake! 


For my baby shower, I went back to a known crowd pleaser....the Donut Tower!! 
And any leftovers are great with your coffee the next morning.

I also loved making the diaper cake!


The latest cake was for my niece who turned 6 & requested a horse cake.
I spent several days searching the internet trying to find inspiration for a horse cake that I thought I would be capable of doing.

Well, I was having zero luck and was about to ask her for another idea when I saw a carousel cake. 
I ran to my local dollar store, found some wonderful crafts & got to work! 


Wrapping sugar around sugar is always a good idea right.....??


I loved being able to use some fun craft items, a hot glue gun & lots of sugary treats to make this beauty!


My niece was so surprised when I arrived to her party with a My Little Pony Carousel Cake!
I got one heck of a big hug & kiss for this birthday treat!


-------------------------

Now I get to look forward to creating birthday cakes for my own son! Even though Ive got several months to go before his first birthday, Ive already been looking for ideas! 

So even tho I don't like baking on a daily, weekly or monthly basis...the couple times a year that I do, it really is so rewarding!

--------------------------

Enjoy & Always Bake with Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment