Thursday, March 3, 2016

Review: Lizzy's American Diner


Lizzy's American Diner 
1220 E. Sanilac Rd. (M-46)
Caro.

----------------------

I moved out to the thumb of the mitten back in 2012. Surrounded by farm land, your options for dining out are very slim. 

My first trip to Lizzy's was about 2 years ago & from the very first bite, I knew I found something special! 

Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner, this place has a simple menu that hits all your basics & hits them out of the park!

Recently voted best place in Tuscola county for breakfast & also known for their fried pickles, but its the Saturday night dinner special that gives me a mouth watering craving all week long!

I will apologies for the poor photos I took. With my 6 month old fuzzing & my husbands impatience to eat his meal right that moment, I had to act quickly. 

Saturday night is the Rib dinner! For $11.99 you get a pile..wait, I mean a truck load of Fall Off The Bone Ribs covered in sauce that is not to thick, not to smokey, not to sweet but just right! It also comes with your choice of potato, vegetables & salad bar!


The beef gravy is magical!!!


If your not in the mood for the ribs, or you go on a different night, the Fried Chicken is my absolute favorite! 

Light, crispy coating, not over seasoned or anything over the top. Just juicy, crunchy fried chicken! Served with your choice of potato, vegetable & salad bar for $9.99. I recommend the hand cut french fries, they are outstanding!!

I brought my father who lives in the Detroit area & who has traveled many parts of the world to try out their chicken. He said it was some of the best he has ever had & would be coming back for more!


When my husband & I go, we don't even look at the menu. Our plan is the same every time. Ribs for him with mashed potatoes & gravy. Fried chicken for me with the fries. 

Dipping the fries into the beef gravy in the mashed potatoes is sinfully delicious! It would be the prefect base for a classic poutine with the fries, gravy, melted cheese & some fresh scallions.

We share but always, always, always take home leftovers. 

----------------

Sunday after Lizzy's has become a favorite in my home when we turn the leftover ribs into bbq nachos!

My husband has an addiction, but it can't be made with just any meat, it has to be from his leftover Lizzy's.

Remove the meat from the bone, cut into pieces. Spread all over tortilla chips, we like to use the multigrain scoops. Cover with cheese and bake at 350 till all the cheese melts. As soon as it coves out of the oven, sprinkle the top with chopped cilantro. 

Sour cream & hot sauce come along at the end & on this particular day, so did some homemade guacamole.


-------------------

I can't say enough positive things about this restaurant!

Lizzy's is a classic American diner that not only makes wonderful, home cooked meals but supports our troops, past, present & future. 

There is love & pride in everything that they do & is hands down one of my favorite places to go! 

It has become such a staple that the first Saturday after I gave birth to our son, our family ordered & delivered take out so we could enjoy my favorites at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment