Monday, November 3, 2014

Leftovers: Part 2

There is an Italian Restaurant near me that is suppose to be "authentic" Italian Cuisine but I beg to differ.

I have been lucky enough to have traveled to Italy. My dad and I spent 9 days doing our own tour through the beautiful country! Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Verona & San Marino (which is actually a micro state surround by Italy).

I was surprise by the huge difference between Italian & Italian American dishes. Everything there was fresh...& I mean Fresh!! Everything tasted like it came straight from the garden!! And they don't mess with it.....no salt/pepper on the table. No salad dressings....no breadsticks smothered in butter and garlic. And there was not one Chicken Parmesan on a single menu we saw....(which was devastating for my dad who looooves chicken parm)

Anywho....so when I was at this restaurant near me, I ordered the Chicken Parmesan with my dad in mind. Needless to say, I was beyond disappointed. I got two plain chicken breast that looked exactly like the chicken breast you get on your sub at subway (thin, pre-grilled marks & no flavor). And spaghetti with meat sauce (can you see any meat in that sauce?!?!?!?)....the sauce had a very similar taste to Campbell's Tomato Soup.

This was the second time I have been to this restaurant. My first post for Leftovers: Part 1, came from this place too. I have used my two chance rule......I will not be returning.


So what do you do with leftover subway chicken breast and campbell's tomato spaghetti???

{I turned it into a soup!}

Diced chicken, carrots, celery, onions & the pasta (chopped up). Chicken stock, fresh spinach, frozen peas, giant homemade croutons & parmesan cheese! 


I love finding different ways to use leftovers. And when you can totally recreate the dish into something completely new....it pretty awesome!!!

---------------

Go have some Fun in your kitchen & Always Cook with Love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment