Friday, November 7, 2014

Traverse City: Part 1

Traverse City.......My home away from home! This town will always hold a special place in my heart for so many reasons! 

Its funny that I have lived in Michigan most of my life but I had never been to TC until I started looking into culinary schools. I looked at a school in Chicago and knew that the big city life just wasn't for me. A family member told me about a school in TC & after a day trip to meet with the schools director, I knew I had found something extraordinary

Allow me to take you down memory lane to share about some of the things I was able to do while I was there!

------------------------

March 2008
Making some plans for the Tasters Guild! 


April 2008
My mother & I after my first final dinner when I was nominated as Soux Chef!


November 2009
Advanced baking class working with fondant for the first time. I was so proud of my styrofoam cake and Christmas fondant wrapping paper!


December 2009
This was my final project for my Garde Manger class.
A South Carolina BBQ Terrine, half wrapped with smoked bacon, with an inlay of okra, peppers, onions, wrapped in calla greens. The corn cakes. Mozzarella cheese stuffed with garlic, bacon, onions & red peppers. Green Bean basket filled with the Mustard sesame slaw!!!!


One of my all time favorite photo's. Ashlyn's first visit to the school. She was so tiny!! I can't believe I just made her 5th Birthday cake! 


March 2009
My mom and I after I had won a scholarship! 
I was so happy I could have burst!!


-----------------------

While I lived in TC I had the privilege of meeting some outstanding people!!

The Red Wings come up every year for training. 
Yes, that is.......Chris Osgood!


Actor Jon Tenney who has been in The Closer, Legion, The Stepfather & many more including Nicholas Sparks 'The Best of Me'


AHHHHHHH.....TYLER FLORANCE!! 
I was completely Star Struck! 


Last but certainly not least. I was BEYOND lucky to meet part of the film crew that was working with Josh Lucas! They were in TC for a couple weeks and I had the privilege to come on set and cook for some of the members! It was an experience I will never forget and although I was tempted, Im so happy that I didn't look into Josh Lucas beautiful blue eyes and stutter the words "so I can kiss you anytime I want!" (if you don't understand that reference, please go watch Sweet Home Alabama.....now!)


----------------------

While working at the Riverside Inn & Phil's on Front, I was grateful to have been able to cook for Mario Batali, Florine Mark, Tim Allen, Amy Smart & Michael Moore.

My time spent in TC was just an all around magical experience!! I was so blessed to have had the chance to go to school there, learn there, live there & love there!

No comments:

Post a Comment