Sunday, November 9, 2014

Turkey Wellington

Its November & Turkey Day is right around the corner. Since Im "technically" a grown up, Ive been slowing trying to create my own traditions for the Holidays. 

I still love the classics...I could eat green bean casserole by the pan full, but I think its time to shake things up a bit!

Last year I had a lot of fun giving the family some new dishes to try, including a twist on the bird!

Im sure that this isn't a new concept & that someone has probably been making this for years, but while making Beef Wellington for my sister in-law & her husband, I thought to myself.....wouldnt this be a fun way to make a Thanksgiving turkey?!?!?!? And the answer was a big OH YEAH!!!!

Now this will be a simple guideline, since it is from the previous year and I didn't write anything down.....{For Shame!!!}

------------------

While everyone was digging through the frozen bins of giant turkey's, I grabbed two boneless, skinless turkey breast's. The first couple things I loved about this 1.) I didn't have to wait days for it to un-thaw 2.) It didn't take up all the room in the fridge!! So its already a Win/Win!!

Large Pan, simple seasonings, oil & pan sear both sides.


I rolled out puff pastry, it took 2 sheets per breast...and put a layer of my sausage/sage stuffing right on top.


Add the turkey breast.....


Wrap it up, trim off the extra dough & if desired...use the extra to make a fancy design on the top.


Brush with an egg wash to ensure a golden brown finish and bake!!


Slice & Serve!! 



No hassle with a giant roasting pan...no extra bones, no digging the stuffing out of the cavity. I honestly don't know if I will ever bake a whole turkey again!!!

I hope this inspires some Brave little chef's who dare to change something on the Thanksgiving table! 

If your already a turkey day rebel, share your 'twisted' dishes & always cook with Love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment