Friday, November 7, 2014

Traverse City: Part 2

I had so many things to say about my beloved TC that I had to split it into two parts....who knows, there could possibly be a third! 

I wanted to share some of my favorite places even though there are so many restaurants that I have yet to explore in the area!! 

----------------

My mother and I on my 24th Birthday having dinner at the restaurant that I did my internship at and worked at for 2 years. The Riverside Inn in Leland. 

http://www.theriverside-inn.com


Paella in the Park. One of the many activities that I was able to work at through the summer season! Music, Wine & Paella, all along the water....what could be better?!?!?!

http://www.traversecity.com/events/33/520/


One of my favorite Restaurants is located in downtown TC called The Towne Plaza. Owner and Chef Chris Hoffman is one of the most talented people I have ever known and Im so thankful that I was able to work & learn from him.

http://www.thetowneplaza.com


Grilled Scallops @ The Towne Plaza! Its just perfection!!


Another favorite of mine & the first place I ever ate at when I moved to TC is Bubbas!
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner....its always a good choice! Now, when I get to visit, I always make sure Im there for breakfast because they have amazing Bloody Mary's & the BEST breakfast Burritos!! 


Usually, I always order the Hash Attach Burrito; scrambled eggs, homemade corned beef hash, white cheddar, green onions and sour cream!! The last time I was there I decided to try something different. They have a new omelette called Cerdo Verde; Slow roasted pork, refried beans, cheddar cheese and topped with a Chili Verde Sauce. I asked if they could turn it into a burrito for me and they did!! Look at that monster!! Another MUST try if your there for breakfast is there Grilled Banana Bread!! 

http://www.tcbubbas.com/index.html


Traverse City is getting huge recognition for the awesome Wineries! 

Ones like Chateau Chantal
On my last visit I was able to do a private wine tour. 



Mmmm....Wine!


North Peak Restaurant and Brewery is another fav! (yes, yes, I know I have a lot of them!)
This place has something for everyone...Beer drinkers, Wine drinkers & Foodies.
My go to beer when Im there is Siren Amber Ale, but they offer flights so you can try them all!!
Some of my favorite menu items are: Eggroll Mozzarella Sticks, Pesto Chicken or the Wild Mushroom Pizza, White Cheddar Ale Soup, Cajun Crawfish Salad & the Pretzel Crusted Chicken Sandwich. 

http://www.northpeak.net/np/about/about.html


The Tuscan Bistro!
For all those Italian Lovers, this is the place for you!!

http://www.tuscanbistrotc.com/index.php

**The photos aren't the best due to the dim lighting**
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Smoked Prosciutto!


Oysters Florentine!! Im not a fan of raw oysters but I could have eaten two dozen of these!! 


--------------

Fall Colors are just breathtaking! 


If your in the Lake Leelanua area you should stop at the Northern Latitudes Distillery. After you take your samples, order up a Bloody Mary & ask for the Beef Jerky Straw!!! 

http://www.northernlatitudesdistillery.com


HANDS DOWN my favorite Winery is L. Mawby!! They specialize in Sparkling Wine and every single one is superb! I have to stock up when Im there and I always get a sample plate too. For $5 you get to choose two wines & your choice of goat cheese spread or white fish pate. 

http://lmawby.com


Also on the Leelanua peninsula is Leelanau Cheese with award winning European style cheeses!!

I always bring home some of their amazing Raclette!! 

http://www.leelanaucheese.com/index.html


-----------

Other Favorites:

U & I Lounge - Get a shot of Ice Hole & a Gyro!!
Tai Cafe - N3 was my go to menu item!
Agave Mexican Grill - Margaritas & Mexican Food, whats not to love!?
Center Street Cafe - A hidden gem for delicious Soups & Sandwiches! I recommend 'The Don' with a extra side of the Sicilian dressing!!
Jolly Pumpkin - Similar to Northpeak, another great place for craft beers and good food. Try the Pulled Pork Nachos! 
Apache Trout Grill - Sunday Brunch!!! 
Lobdell's - This isn't your normal place, its the restaurant at the Culinary school. Open Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday during the school semester. It has a stunning view of the bay & its a great way to support the talented students & the dedicated staff!
Village Cheese Shanty - All there sandwiches are wonderful but I always go for the North Shore with the homemade Pretzel bun!!!

------------

If your a sucker for TC, please feel free to share some of your Favorite places to visit!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment