Monday, November 3, 2014

Birthday Cakes!!

Today, November 3rd is my nieces 5th Birthday!!! 

I will never forget the day she was born. I was in the delivery room with my sister and I got to watch the miracle of birth. I bawled like a little baby when she entered this world!!! 

On this day, I became an Auntie for the first time, which has been one of the biggest blessings in my life!

Now, I know I have said that I rarely bake, but on such special occasions....I must spoil my loved ones!!

Ashlyn, of course this year wanted a 'Frozen' cake!! I did some Pinterest research, and created a cake that I was very proud of & the Birthday Girl Loved!!


It took me about 6 hours, but I did majority of it two days prior so if it needed any adjustments the day of, I had time. Everything besides the characters & candles are edible. 


***Make a Wish Baby Girl***


------------------

~Lets take a stroll down Birthday Cake Memory Lane~

This was the first cake I made for Ashlyn on her 2nd Birthday. She wanted a fishy cake, but due to some large lips....I refer to it as the Duck Fish!


On her 3rd Birthday, she asked for a Monkey Cake. My sister in-law had a monkey cake pan that she let me borrow. The palm tree trunk was made from banana bread, and then the leaves & coconuts are cake truffles.


On her 4th Birthday.....she requested a Princess Sofia cake. This cake really challenged me but I loved how it turned out!!


When my nephew Avin turned 2, I saw this great cake on Pinterest of Olaf from 'Frozen' in a hot tub. I couldn't find the right size Olaf figure and trying to make him with Fondant was an epic fail. I turned it into a a farm cake with Kit-Kats, crushed Oreo's and Malt balls for rocks. It wasn't what I originally wanted, but he loved it....and that is really all that matters!


The first cake I got to make for my husband was inspired by his job. I saved all the little equipment toys & they are in a box for future baby. I thought it would be sweet that he or she would have the toys that helped celebrate their dads birthday. 


The second cake I made for my hubby was simple & easy yet so much fun! A tower of munchkin donuts. I swear the kids loved this more then the adults!! It was a big hit!


This past birthday, he got a cake inspired by his love for Pizza!! A big round vanilla cake, tons of candy toppings & a free box provided by a local pizzeria. 


------------

Making fun cakes for my family is so much more to me then just baking....I get to create a dessert that is inspired by their personality and the things they love!! 

I can't wait to make some special cakes for my children someday!! 

---------------------

Always Cook...& Bake with LOVE!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment