Thursday, October 9, 2014

How To Char-Roast Peppers


I always have peppers in my kitchen. I use them almost as much as I use garlic and onions.....almost. :)

Now, I know you can buy jarred Roasted Peppers, but its really easy to do it yourself and can add an extra flavor element to any dish.

What you will need: Your choice of peppers. Here I have a Red and Yellow Bell Pepper & a Jalapeño. Tongs, and a bowl with a lid. Or you can use a bowl with some plastic wrap.


Place the Peppers overtop the burner. If you don't have gas burners, you can do this on the grill.


Rotate and allow the peppers to get blistered on all sides. 



Look at that Charred Goodness!!! 


When the peppers are blackened all over, place them into the bowl.


Secure the Lid and allow them to steam inside for 15-20 mins. This softens the peppers and helps to get the skin off.


The peppers will get soft & wrinkled.


Once they are cooled, use a paper towel and wipe off the skin. It should come off fairly easy. I don't worry about getting all the black bits off, I like the extra char-ness! 


I hope you try this great & easy technique. These peppers are great in so many dishes!! 

---------------------

Cook with Love!






No comments:

Post a Comment