Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday Funday!!

Sunday's are a day for kicking back and relaxing...especially once football season starts!!

My husband and I love laying around, watching the games and spending a lazy day together.

I also love Sundays because as I say..'its my day that I don't cook', even tho I still do, but it really doesn't feel like it to me.

I usually do my grocery shopping at the beginning of the week, so come Sunday, the fridge starts to get pretty bare. This is where the creative fun comes in!!!

From what is left in the fridge and things I have in my pantry, I pull together a couple snack trays around noon & it lasts us all day and usually, becomes dinner Monday night as well. 

Each Sunday, the trays are a little different...depending on what is left over in the fridge. 

Here are a couple examples of our Sunday Funday Trays!
-----------------------

Veggies, Dip, Cheese/Crackers, Olives & Nuts.
Crostini's (toasted slices of bread), Salami, Pickles & Roasted Pepper Jam.


-------------

Veggies, Dip, Cheese/Crackers.
Crostini's with Pepperoni & Sharp Cheese, Chicken Salad & Deviled Eggs.
Egg Rolls (which I make in big batches and freeze so they just need to be reheated), Homemade Taquitos and Dipping Sauces for both.


-------------

Veggies, Dip & Stuffed Mushrooms.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread with Marinara Sauce.
Mexican Bean Dip with Tortilla Chips.


---------------

There are a million items you can use for this & a ton of them that you can get pre-made or pre-cut right from your local grocery store.

This is also a great idea the next time you want to celebrate something with a special someone. Instead of spending the money to go out, or stressing about making a fancy entree...make a couple of trays (using some of his or her favorite items), pop a bottle of Champagne, lit a couple candles on the table & enjoy a nice, relaxing evening! 

---------------

I love how simple & fun these can be! The Sky is the limit when your creating in the kitchen!! 

Try some of these ideas out for your next Sunday Funday!! 

-------------

Enjoy & Always Cook with LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment