Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Two Chance Rule When Dining Out

I have held almost every job in a restaurant! Hostess, waitress, bartender, floor manager, prep cook, line cook, caterer, brunch chef, pastry chef, expo line & of course, the dreaded dish washer!!

Because of these jobs, I have a very good understanding about both the FOH (front of the house) and BOH (back of the house). This, sometimes becomes my curse! When I go out to eat I notice EVERYTHING!! As much as I try not to judge so harshly, my personal list of Do's & Dont's overtakes my mind!! Ahhhhhh!!

I have a two chance rule. If I have 2 bad experiences at an establishment I won't go back for a third. It is not always about the food, if its good or bad. Its about the overall experience. From being greeted at the door & how long it takes a serve to come to our table. Ticket times for drinks, apps, & entree's. Cleanliness, staff attitude, menu layout/options, prices, lighting, table set up....everything. Im sorry, I just can't help it!!! I hate to come off as some kind of snob, but I guess if I have to be a snob about something....it will be about my food and where I dine at.

Is this an issue for anyone else or am I just insane?!!??


No comments:

Post a Comment